Emeril’s Pimms Cup
No matter the holiday, there’s no better way to get the day started than with a great brunch. Join chef Emeril this holiday as he prepares a brunch that is quick and delicious. He starts out with pan roasted asparagus with shiitake mushrooms.. Then it’s easy eggs florentine, complete with a lesson on how to poach eggs just right. And for dessert…bananas foster, sweet hot and delicious served with creamy vanilla ice cream! It will be a brunch sure to leave everybody wanting a holiday everyday!
Prep time: 5 minutes Total: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 ounce (1 1/2 teaspoons) simple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) ginger beer
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) pink grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) Pimm’s No. 1
- Basil leaf, cucumber and fresh ginger slices, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, add 2 basil leaves and gently muddle. Add the simple syrup, ginger beer and pink grapefruit juice and a few ice cubes. Swirl to mix.
- Fill a highball glass with ice and add the Pimm’s No. 1. Strain the cocktail shaker contents into a glass. Garnish the drink with fresh basil leaf, cucumber and fresh ginger slices and serve.