Decoupage on Canvas
Materials that you will need
- Canvas Frame
- Decoupage Glue – 50 ml
- Small Brush – for painting on glue
- Sponge Brush – for painting edge
- Photocopies of photos – Black & white or colour
- Paper Towel
- Choose the size of canvas you wish to use.
- Choose your photocopy ensuring that it is the correct size.
- Paint the edge of the canvas frame a colour appropriate for the photo. At least two
- Sandpaper if necessary.
- Apply glue as per manufacturers instructions. I usually apply to the canvas and to the
- Gently place your photocopy on the canvas making sure that you are not holding
onto the edges which can tear.
- Starting in the centre, smooth down the picture using a piece of paper towel. You can
also use a rubber roller to ensure the copy is glued properly.
- Wipe off any surplus glue.
- Apply at least 3 coats of modge to your picture allowing at least 20 minutes drying
time in between coats. Use a nice soft brush to apply the modge and apply as evenly
- Once your modge is dry and your picture smooth, apply two to three coats of varnish.
Water based or a spray varnish is fine.
- Hang your picture of the wall.