Pure Design is Hosted by Samantha Pynn, Design editor for “Style at Home” magazine and featured home décor expert on City TV’s Cityline. Sassy and style-savvy, Samantha believes you can have it all-high design that’s easy on the eyes, the budget-and the earth!
Episode 1 – Olivia and John’s Kitchen
- When Olivia’s Grandma moved into a retirement home, Olivia couldn’t bear to see the house she grew up in sold to a stranger. So together with her fiancé John, they purchased it. The only problem is, the small, galley-kitchen is stuck in the past. Designer Samantha Pynn takes it from dark and outdated to a contemporary chef’s paradise — all while retaining its original charm.
Episode 2 – Lauren and Mike’s Living Room
- Lauren and Mike are self-proclaimed minimalists with a living room that’s stuck in the past. By combining old and new furnishings and injecting it with just the right amount of colour, designer Samantha Pynn transforms it into a modern living space with a sustainable edge.
Episode 3 – Lori and Jason’s Toddler Bedroom/Playroom
- Lori and Jason’s home is beautifully renovated from top to bottom, except for one tricky space that’s left them stumped. Designer Samantha Pynn transforms a kitchen into a playroom, and a nursery into a colourful and healthy, toxin-free space for their growing toddler, Atticus.
Episode 4 – Erin and Ryan’s Condo Living Space
- Erin and Ryan were romanced by a chic condo in a re-claimed warehouse but once they moved in, they weren’t too in love with its lack of storage, and the 14 foot ceilings became a real design dilemma. Designer Samantha Pynn mergestheir French and Contemporary design styles and tames their ceilings to create a space with harmony.
Episode 5 – Paula and Pete’s Master Bedroom
- A bedroom should be a place that evokes feelings of tranquility and peace.But when Paula and Pete retire at the end of the day, they feel frustrated by their master bedroom’s odd layout and lack of organization. Designer Samantha Pynn uses natural elements to create a relaxing, functional space that makes this couple look forward to bedtime.
Episode 6 – Chetna and Bhups’ Living/Dining Room
- When you’re living out of a suitcase, you have to travel light. So when globetrotters Chetna and Bhups recently bought a large historical home, they found themselves with nothing to fill it. By using colourful fabrics and playing up significant architectural details, Samantha Pynn creates a warm and homey living/dining room while retaining the character of this gorgeous 1870’s house.
Episode 7 – Colleen’s Kitchen
- Designer Samantha Pynn faces one of her toughest assignments yet…when she takes on her mom’s kitchen. Like most moms, Colleen is constantly giving to others so she’s had no time to re-decorate, and her outdated kitchen is in desperate need of a change. Now that she’s on vacation, Sam and her brother Allan surprise Colleen with a kitchen makeover, and mom is “tickled pink” with the results.
Episode 8 – Nadine and Jacques’ Living/Dining Room
- Nadine and Jacques run their business out of their 1886 row house, and they’re finding their bland and boring living and dining rooms uninspiring. By merging Old World inspired pieces with some modern touches, designer Samantha Pynn gives this eco-conscious couple a motivating place to work and a stylish place to entertain.
Episode 9 – Madeleine’s Bedroom
- Now that she’s 10, Madeleine is ready to graduate to a “big girl” bedroom. But this eco-conscious, soccer-playing tween is not a “pink and princessy” kind of girl! Designer Samantha Pynn transforms her toddler bedroom into a green, funky room with kick…. and just the right amount of “hot” pink and sparkle mixed in.
Episode 10 – Siham and Alicia’s Basement Recreation Room
- Siham and her daughter Alicia are eager to re-decorate the basement of their lakeside house. Designer Samantha Pynn transforms their dark and dull recreation room into a bright, cozy, Hamptons-inspired space that the whole family can come home to entertain in.
Episode 11 – Michelle and Chad’s Dining Room and Home Office
- Michelle and Chad can’t wait to finish decorating their new home, but with three young children they haven’t found the time. Designer Samantha Pynn helps these exhausted parents turn their sparse dining room and home office into a traditional and classic space with a twist.
Episode 12 – Beth and Jack’s Kitchen
- Though guests tend to gather in Beth and Jack’s kitchen, it’s outdated cabinetry and lack of seating doesn’t make for an inviting place to cook or entertain at the moment. But when designer Samantha Pynn adds an island and turns it into a chef’s paradise, they’ll have to beg their guests to leave.
- Now that they’re almost done their renovations, Carm and Jason are ready to move their toddler’s playroom out of the living room and down to the basement. Designer Samantha Pynn helps them to re-claim their adult space by transforming their mismatched living and dining room into a warm, classic space with a tropical-style flare.