Death by Chocolate Nutella Tart
This tart can be served with cream or ice-cream and some fresh mint leaves, or raspberries.
For the Base
- 200 g Tennis or Digestive biscuits
- 70g unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling
- 200g imported chocolate
- 80 ml fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon Nutella chocolate spread
- 1 tablespoon roasted hazelnuts
- Process the Tennis biscuits in a food processor until finely ground.
- Melt the unsalted butter in a pan and pour into the ground biscuits mixing thoroughly.
- Mould the biscuit mixture into the loose bottomed tart tin, running your fingers along the edges, to smooth the biscuit base ,leaving a cavity in the centre for the chocolate filling .
- Refrigerate for about 1/2 hour.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler and once completely melted, add the fresh cream and mix thoroughly.
- Add a tablespoon of Nutella and once combined, pour into the biscuit base.
- Sprinkle with roasted whole hazelnuts and refrigerate for at least 1 hour until set.