This is a lovely light salad that tastes of summer. If making it for vegetarians, you can use vegetarian feta, which is guaranteed to contain no rennet.
- 450g (1lb) farfalle pasta or similar Salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 courgettes (zucchini), peeled into
- 400g (2 2⁄3 cups) feta cheese, crumbled 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp snipped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2–3 tbsp Vinaigrette
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of caster (superfine) sugar
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar 6 tbsp sunflower oil
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold running water, then set aside.
- Place a griddle (ridged grill) pan over a high heat and drizzle in the oil. When hot, add the strips of courgette a few at a time, season with salt and pepper and cook on each side for 1–2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl as they are cooked.
- Add the pasta, feta, herbs and lemon zest, drizzle with the lemon juice and vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- A successful vinaigrette depends on getting the right proportions of oil, vinegar and mustard to make a smooth emulsion. Follow this recipe and you won’t go wrong.
- Place the mustard and sugar (if using) in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Continue whisking while adding the vinegar and then the oil. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Store in a screwtop jar and shake well before using.
Place the mustard and sugar (if using) in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Continue whisking while adding the vinegar and then the oil. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Store in a Kilner or screwtop jar and shake well before using.