Coffee Table – DIY
- Jig saw
- PSR 14.4 cordless drill driver
- PSR 18volt cordless drill driver
- PEX 220 sander
- Dremel 8200 Cordless tool
- Dremel trio
- 2000 x 1200mm – 2 pieces
- 1200 x 1164mm – 2 pieces
- 1200 x 1200mm – 2 pieces
- 1164 x 1164mm – 1 piece
- 3mm masonite 120 x 1200mm 2 pieces
- 3 x 18mm flush hinges. (normal brass hinges can work)
- 1 x door handle/door knob (girly type)
- brass/painted Hook (to hold door closed )
- 4 x 40 screws
- Clear plastic sheets to cover windows
Draw and drill pilot holes for left side of leg to fit on right side.
Assemble each leg x 4.
- Frame/skirting under table
Draw and drill pilot holes where the frame corners meet.
- Assemble frame
Attach frame to legs and attach cleats fill holes with filler and leave to dry.
- Table top
Cut table top to size.
Cut out hole in centre.
Fit cleats to the edge of the hole.
Attach top to frame/legs and varnish with dark varnish.
Mark and cut out where slats cross each other.
Attach slats to base of insert.
Varnish with clear varnish.
Fit to the inside of the cut out in table.
Fill insert with beads etc and put glass on top.