Beef Sirloin with Caramelized Shallots
Beef Sirloin with Caramelized Shallots, Parmesan Mash Potatoe and crispy carrots.
This week on Recipe for Success our student chef Tshepo Makajane fromCape Town prepares Beef Sirloin with Parmesan Carrots for Michael Cooke from Camphors, Reuben Riffel speaks to Jannie Mouton about his Recipe for Success and then there’s still the viewers competition worth almost R 250 000.00.
Measurement / Ingredient
- 200g Beef Sirloin
- 60ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 15ml Cooking Oil
- 2 White Onion (quartered)
- 60g Parmesan Cheese
- (finely grated)
- 2 Potatoes 1 Carrot (large)
- 80g Sugar
- 30ml Honey
- 20ml Cream
- 2 Star Aniseed
- 60g Butter
- 10ml Salt
- 10ml Black Pepper
- 5ml Chives
- 1 Rosemary Sprig
- Julienne white onions and sauté in a pan with 20g of butter until soft for 2-3 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and simmer for 1 minute with star aniseed.
- Add 40g sugar into the shallots and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Preheat over to 160 degrees.
- Wash and peel carrots; using a slicer, slice thin sheets of the carrot.
- In a saucepan, add 5g butter, honey and carrot and cook until carrots are coated.
- Remove form saucepan and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake or grill the carrots at 160 degrees until crispy.
- Peel potatoes and add to pot with salt and bring to boil (10 minutes).
- Drain off the potatoes and pass through sieve into a bowl.
- Add butter, and salt for taste. Add the cream and parmesan cheese.
- Beef Sirloin:
- Season the beef sirloin with salt and pepper and cooking oil and set aside.
- Place a griddle pan on medium heat.
- Place the beef on the griddle pan for 2-3 minutes on each side till medium rare.
- Rest the sirloin and begin assembling the dish.